KLAS investigative reporter George Knapp introduced the world to the top secret military installation known as Area 51 when he interviewed Bob Lazar twenty-five years ago. On the anniversary of that interview, Knapp convinced Lazar to come to Las Vegas to discuss Area 51 again, and he even toured the Area 51 exhibit at the National Atomic Testing Museum.
In 1989, Lazar claimed he worked on reverse-engineering alien technology at a secret facility called S-4 that was built into a mountainside just south of Area 51’s main site. He alleges he was booted from working at Area 51 after it was discovered that he had leaked information to friends, informing them of where they could watch test flights of the advanced extraterrestrial technology on which he was working. Critics dismiss his claims, citing the lack of supporting evidence, including the lack of employment and education records. But Lazar, who asserts the government erased his records, stands by his claims.
The CIA only recently declassified Area 51. NBC News contacted Lazar for a statement. But he was less than impressed with the news. He commented, “That’s a minuscule baby step forward . . . Maybe a decade from now they’ll acknowledge there’s an S-4.”
Although Lazar’s story is the same twenty-five years after his initial interview with Knapp, he really doesn’t care if anyone believe him or not. He is not trying to convince anyone, and he has tried to leave UFOs in his past. In the recent interview, he explains to Knapp:
Look, I’m not out there giving UFO lectures, producing tapes. This is not a business of mine. I am trying to run a scientific business, and if I’m the UFO guy, it makes it really difficult, it is to my benefit that people don’t believe the story.
Lazar and his wife currently run a scientific equipment and supply store in Michigan called United Nuclear.
There is no questioning the extraterrestrial business at Area 51 in Lazar’s mind. As he tells Knapp, “Look, I know what happened is true. There is no doubt. Period.”
- Is a U.S. Air Force general from Wright-Patterson helping Tom DeLonge obtain official UFO disclosure?
- Multiple UFOs reported 20 feet over Pennsylvania homes
- UFO and secret alien base reports found in declassified U.S. Forest Service documents
- Triangle UFO close encounter reported over Ohio
- Disc UFO caught on camera moving out of bay
- UFO reported hovering over Florida residential neighborhood
- OpenMinds.tv in WikiLeaks as reference for Bill Clinton’s UFO interests and remarks
- Witness spots UFO while waiting for rocket launch
- Cheryl Costa – UFOs by the Numbers – April 10, 2017
- ‘Starfish’ disc UFO photographed over Tucson