Bob Lazar’s claims that he worked on back-engineered extraterrestrial spacecraft near Area 51 catapulted the secretive base into the legendary status it now holds. Lazar first made these claims in an interview with KLAS investigative reporter George Knapp in 1989, and now nearly 25 years later, the CIA has declassified the existence of what has become arguable the most famous U.S. Air Force base of all.
In an interview with NBC News about the declassification of the existence of Area 51, Lazar told staff writer Tracy Connor, “Tell us something we don’t know.”
Lazar says, “Everybody has known that for 25 years or so.”
He says the actual back-engineering of alien technology went on at a secret location just south of Area 51 called S4. He says he would be driven there from Area 51 on a bus.
Regarding the recent declassification Lazar says, “That’s a minuscule baby step forward.” Lazar continued, “Maybe a decade from now they’ll acknowledge there’s an S4.”
Lazar claims his work at Area 51/S4 ended when he told some friends where they could watch test flights of the advanced extraterrestrial technology he was working on. They would go there at the designated times, often at 3 am, and film strange lights. One night the military was waiting for them and confiscated their filming equipment. Lazar was then questioned and booted from working at the facility. No records of his employment or education exits, because he claims the government erased them.
Critics of Lazar’s claims argue that educational records, such as his alleged degrees at MIT and California’s Institute of Technology, could not be erased and somebody, at least a past professor, would remember him. However, no evidence, not even someone vouching to have gone to class or to have taught Lazar at these universities has come forth.
Adding to the mystery is the fact that Lazar currently runs a scientific equipment and supply store called United Nuclear. In a recent email to Open Minds, a United Nuclear employee said Lazar’s “companies are involved in several Military contracts and he is a science and technology consultant to Raytheon weapon systems.”
The email also says Lazar stays away from the UFO community in order to avoid “rocking the boat.” The NBC News story confirms that Lazar “wants nothing to do with UFO enthusiasts.”
So even with the declassification of Area 51, the questions remain. Was Lazar telling the truth, and if so will we ever know? Hopefully future declassifications will shed light on more of these dark black projects.
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- Jeremy Corbell – The Genesis of “Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers” – November 27, 2018
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- 2018 UFO Year in Review – January 8, 2019
- Calvin Parker – The Pascagoula UFO Incident – November 20, 2018
- David O’Leary – Creator, Writer, and Producer of History’s Project Blue Book – December 18, 2018
- EXCLUSIVE CLIP: Bob Lazar discusses Element 115
- David Beaty – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – January 22, 2019
- Nick Redfern – UFOs, Government Insiders, and Satanic Influences – November 6, 2018
- Nick Pope – Renewed Government Interest in UFOs – Oct. 23, 2018