The Phoenix Lights returned to the Arizona skies, sort of. But extraterrestrials weren’t the source of the aerial lights this time.
Reuters reports that Pepsi attempted to recreate the well-known UFO incident on Friday, January 30 as part of its Super Bowl marketing campaign, leading up to the Pepsi-sponsored halftime show.
Something mysterious is happening in the sky above Phoenix… pic.twitter.com/bltWBYxmtS
— Pepsi™ (@pepsi) January 31, 2015
The company says they launched illuminated balloons that hovered approximately 40 feet off the ground and were visible for miles. According to Reuters, “The company scrapped an earlier plan for more intense lights in order to comply with Federal Aviation Administration regulations to prevent interference with air traffic.”
Pepsi has been using the concept of “strange things happen in the desert” for its campaign. The company recently created a crop circle in the shape of its logo in a field near the University of Phoenix stadium where the Super Bowl will take take place.
— Pepsi™ (@pepsi) January 30, 2015
Katy Perry is performing the Pepsi Super Bowl XLIX Halftime Show. It won’t be too surprising if Perry, a firm believer in extraterrestrial life, performs her hit song “E.T.” And, based on the hints dropped by Pepsi, UFOs and/or extraterrestrials could play a major role in the halftime show’s theme.
The extraterrestrial theme in Super Bowl commercials has been widespread in recent years. Let’s see how many advertisers use this theme in commercials that air during Super Bowl XLIX.
Super Bowl XLIX takes places Sunday, February 1.
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- Roswell crash site debris may be confiscated by BLM, says researcher
- Jeremy Corbell – The Genesis of “Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers” – November 27, 2018
- George Knapp – The Government’s UFO and Paranormal Study: The Skinwalker Ranch – Sept. 18, 2018
- The science of proving an object was created by an extraterrestrial civilization
- Latest UFO News – October 2, 2018
- Report on US Navy UFO encounter leaked
- 2018 UFO Year in Review – January 8, 2019
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- David O’Leary – Creator, Writer, and Producer of History’s Project Blue Book – December 18, 2018