This American football championship game has historically been the most-watched program on American television. In fact, the 2011 Super Bowl had the largest audience ever for a U.S. television broadcast at 111 million viewers. This year’s big game could repeat last year’s record-breaking viewership. But something else from the 2011 Super Bowl that will certainly be repeated this year is the appearance of extraterrestrial-themed advertisements.
The ET theme was dominant in commercials that aired during the 2011 Super Bowl. Several extraterrestrial-themed movies were advertised during the broadcast, and multiple car companies featured extraterrestrial characters in their ads. Last year, Chevrolet used a character from Transformers: Dark of the Moon in one of their commercials. The company is going with an even stronger extraterrestrial theme this year. Motor Authority reports that “Chevy has enlisted the little-green-men-brigade to sell Volt sedans and Silverado pickups during this year’s big game.” The commercial for the Volt is filled with little extraterrestrial characters and UFOs.
I have a feeling that the extraterrestrial theme will be popping up in several other commercials too.
The Super Bowl takes place Sunday, February 5 at 6:30 PM ET on NBC.
Watch Chevrolet’s Volt commercial below:
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- Jeremy Corbell – The Genesis of “Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers” – November 27, 2018
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- 2018 UFO Year in Review – January 8, 2019
- Calvin Parker – The Pascagoula UFO Incident – November 20, 2018
- David O’Leary – Creator, Writer, and Producer of History’s Project Blue Book – December 18, 2018
- EXCLUSIVE CLIP: Bob Lazar discusses Element 115
- David Beaty – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – January 22, 2019
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- History’s New UFO Reality Show to Premiere May 31