A new West Virginia witness came forward today with video from a 2013 UFO sighting in the same area as a recent case where multiple witnesses reported three triangle-shaped UFOs the size of football fields near Marmet, according to testimony in Case 60779 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
Ten West Virginia witnesses near Marmet working a coal plant evening shift reported watching three triangle-shaped UFOs the size of football fields silently moving under 500 feet about 10 p.m. on October 12, 2014. Case 60631 was reported as Three ‘football field sized’ UFOs reported low by multiple West Virginia witnesses.
Today’s Case 60779 occurred at 7:15 p.m. on April 2, 2013, in Cross Lanes – about 24 miles northwest of Marmet. The witness uploaded one video with the MUFON report.
“I have seen this two times now in two years with video and pictures,” the witness stated. “My neighbor and son also saw this as I intended to use their telescope to get a closer look.”
The witness claims evidence related to the sighting was removed from his computer and he has had physical problems.
“I had nose bleeding for the next year and felt very uncomfortable in my home. Today it was posted as many have had disbelief. My son sent me pictures and news of a football field object seen in Mamet, West Virginia. I have seen this also in many areas of the globe – not just here and most look the same.”
Today’s historical case may be unrelated to Case 60631. The more recent case remains under investigation by West Virginia State Director Fred Saluga.
“I’m trying to make contact with the witnesses in that case,” Saluga said. “I have spoken to one family member so far and am arranging times to talk with the actual witnesses.”
Cross Lanes is a suburb of Charleston in Kanawha County, West Virginia, population 9,995.
West Virginia has a current UFO Alert Rating of 4 with a lower than average number of recent reports nationally. West Virginia had 4 UFO reports that occurred during September 2014 – calculated at 2.16 sightings per million population. The above quotes were edited for clarity. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.
The UFO Alert Rating System is based on five levels – 1 through 5 – where states with 4.01 or higher reports per million residents are rated an Alert 1; 3.01 – 4.0 reports are an Alert 2; 2.51 – 3.0 are an Alert 3; 2.01 – 2.5 are an Alert 4; and those states with 2.0 or lower are rated an Alert 5.
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- History’s New UFO Reality Show to Premiere May 31
- Nick Pope – Recent Government UFO Announcements – June 18, 2019
- Luis Elizondo, Former Head of the Pentagon’s UFO Project
- Dr. Eric Davis: Investigating and Experiencing the Paranormal – April 30, 2019
- Kevin Day – UFOs Observed on Navy Radar Systems – May 14, 2019
- Lee Speigel, UFO News and Updates – August 21, 2019
- Dr. Michael Masters – UFOs Could Be Us From the Future – October 29, 2019
- Anthony Lappe – Producer of Unidentified: Inside America’s UFO Investigation – May 21, 2019