Veteran UFO researcher Stanton Friedman suffered a mild heart attack on Friday, June 27.
Friedman’s fellow researcher, co-author, and friend, Kathleen Marden issued the following statement on his behalf:
Stanton Friedman suffered a mild heart attack on Friday night. I spoke with him this morning and am very pleased to report that he is feeling strong and chipper. His heart enzymes have declined, so he has turned the corner. He is awaiting a dye test and an echo cardiogram. This will probably occur today or Wednesday, as July 1 is a national holiday in Canada.
He does not presently have access to a public phone or computer, but will reply to email messages when he returns home in a few days. Please do not call his home. Well wishers can send cards to Stan at P.O. Box 958, Houlton, ME 04730. He appreciates everyone’s thoughts and prayers.
Friedman was scheduled to speak at the upcoming Roswell UFO Festival and at the MUFON Symposium, but will be unable to attend either event. Marden will be present at both events to sell his books for him in his absence.
Stanton Friedman is credited as one of the first researchers to introduce the general public to the now-well-known 1947 Roswell UFO incident. His research contributed to the first book addressing the Roswell incident, appropriately titled The Roswell Incident, published in 1980.
Friedman was awarded with the Open Minds Lifetime Achievement Award at the 2013 International UFO Congress.
Information about Friedman’s research, books, and public appearances can be found on his website StantonFriedman.com.
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- 2018 UFO Year in Review – January 8, 2019
- David O’Leary – Creator, Writer, and Producer of History’s Project Blue Book – December 18, 2018
- EXCLUSIVE CLIP: Bob Lazar discusses Element 115
- David Beaty – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – January 22, 2019
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- History’s New UFO Reality Show to Premiere May 31
- Nick Pope – Recently Released Government Documents – February 5, 2019
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- Larry Hatch, UFO Database Creator, Remembered