The 2014 Roswell UFO Festival is approaching quickly. Attendees at this year’s event will notice a few changes at the city’s centerpiece, the International UFO Museum and Research Center.
The museum is currently undergoing renovations. And with the festival just a couple weeks away, there is definitely pressure to have everything completed in time. But the museum’s manager, Mark Briscoe, isn’t worried. As he recently told KOB-TV News, “The pressure is on. It’s stressful, but we’ll get it done. We always do.”
New signage has been installed in front of the UFO museum. But the new marquee has yet to arrive. Inside, the museum has added a prop from the movie Aliens. This power loader was used by Sigourney Weaver’s character, Ellen Ripley, in her fight against the queen Xenomorph alien. Another movie prop will be revealed at the UFO festival. Briscoe teases, “This is from one of the first sci-fi movies ever made.”
KOB-TV reports that the museum also plans to add touch screens to its exhibits. But visitors will have to wait until next year to see that addition. Another developing project is taking place at a nearby vacant lot where a UFO park will be constructed. But that isn’t expected to be completed until the Fall.
This year’s festival features all of the activities attendees have come to expect at this event, such as the carnival, a light parade, and the popular alien pet contest. The festival also features lectures on various UFO-related topics, which take place at the museum and at the convention center. Open Minds’ Alejandro Rojas will present two lectures this year:
- ETs and Religion – Friday, July 4 • 10 a.m. • Convention Center Exhibit Hall
- UFOs and Governments – Sunday, July 6 • 4 p.m. • Convention Center Exhibit Hall
Maureen Elsberry and I will join paranormal pop culture expert Aaron Sagers for a round table discussion on Sunday, July 6 at 2 p.m. in the Convention Center Exhibit Hall about UFOs and extraterrestrials in Hollywood movies and their affect on popular culture.
The 2014 Roswell UFO Festival takes place July 4, 5, and 6 in downtown Roswell, New Mexico.
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- History’s New UFO Reality Show to Premiere May 31
- Nick Pope – Recent Government UFO Announcements – June 18, 2019
- Luis Elizondo, Former Head of the Pentagon’s UFO Project
- Dr. Eric Davis: Investigating and Experiencing the Paranormal – April 30, 2019
- Kevin Day – UFOs Observed on Navy Radar Systems – May 14, 2019
- Lee Speigel, UFO News and Updates – August 21, 2019
- Anthony Lappe – Producer of Unidentified: Inside America’s UFO Investigation – May 21, 2019
- Dr. Michael Masters – UFOs Could Be Us From the Future – October 29, 2019