The 2014 Roswell UFO Festival is approaching quickly. Attendees at this year’s event will notice a few changes at the city’s centerpiece, the International UFO Museum and Research Center.
The museum is currently undergoing renovations. And with the festival just a couple weeks away, there is definitely pressure to have everything completed in time. But the museum’s manager, Mark Briscoe, isn’t worried. As he recently told KOB-TV News, “The pressure is on. It’s stressful, but we’ll get it done. We always do.”
New signage has been installed in front of the UFO museum. But the new marquee has yet to arrive. Inside, the museum has added a prop from the movie Aliens. This power loader was used by Sigourney Weaver’s character, Ellen Ripley, in her fight against the queen Xenomorph alien. Another movie prop will be revealed at the UFO festival. Briscoe teases, “This is from one of the first sci-fi movies ever made.”
KOB-TV reports that the museum also plans to add touch screens to its exhibits. But visitors will have to wait until next year to see that addition. Another developing project is taking place at a nearby vacant lot where a UFO park will be constructed. But that isn’t expected to be completed until the Fall.
This year’s festival features all of the activities attendees have come to expect at this event, such as the carnival, a light parade, and the popular alien pet contest. The festival also features lectures on various UFO-related topics, which take place at the museum and at the convention center. Open Minds’ Alejandro Rojas will present two lectures this year:
- ETs and Religion – Friday, July 4 • 10 a.m. • Convention Center Exhibit Hall
- UFOs and Governments – Sunday, July 6 • 4 p.m. • Convention Center Exhibit Hall
Maureen Elsberry and I will join paranormal pop culture expert Aaron Sagers for a round table discussion on Sunday, July 6 at 2 p.m. in the Convention Center Exhibit Hall about UFOs and extraterrestrials in Hollywood movies and their affect on popular culture.
The 2014 Roswell UFO Festival takes place July 4, 5, and 6 in downtown Roswell, New Mexico.
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- 2018 UFO Year in Review – January 8, 2019
- David O’Leary – Creator, Writer, and Producer of History’s Project Blue Book – December 18, 2018
- EXCLUSIVE CLIP: Bob Lazar discusses Element 115
- David Beaty – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – January 22, 2019
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- History’s New UFO Reality Show to Premiere May 31
- Nick Pope – Recently Released Government Documents – February 5, 2019
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- Larry Hatch, UFO Database Creator, Remembered