A skeptical paranormal investigation group offers $100,000 to anyone who can prove that they’ve been aboard a UFO.
The Independent Investigations Group (IIG) is a volunteer organization that is part of the Center for Inquiry in Los Angeles, California, which was founded by James Underdown.
He explains to media outlet Times LIVE, “I live in LA, which is crammed with people with New Age ideas – water dousers, psychics, healers, clairvoyants, past-life regressors.” He continues, “It got to the point at which, instead of arguing, I thought: ‘All this stuff is testable by science’. So I started a centre for inquiry.”
The IIG launched its IIG Challenge several years ago. This challenge calls on people who make extraordinary claims about paranormal abilities or experiences to demonstrate his or her evidence for the group of investigators to scientifically observe.
The IIG’s website describes:
If you pass the IIG Challenge, we’ll pay you $100,000 ourselves and release the results publicly, which will raise your profile immensely among those who doubt your claims. The true skeptics will have to take notice!
The person who refers the claimant who wins the IIG $100,000 Challenge will receive $5,000 for introducing us to a winning claimant. Spread the word – even those without special powers can be $5,000 richer.
A similar challenge was issued in 2013 by filmmaker James Fox–$100,000 for the best UFO evidence.
Those who feel they can prove they communicate with extraterrestrials or have been aboard an alien spacecraft can apply for the $100,000 challenge on the IIG website.
Although “a lot of people” have attempted to claim the $100,000 prize, nobody has been able to conclusively prove their extraordinary claims.
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- Jeremy Corbell – The Genesis of “Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers” – November 27, 2018
- The science of proving an object was created by an extraterrestrial civilization
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- George Knapp Hunt for the Skinwalker Interview Transcript
- 2018 UFO Year in Review – January 8, 2019
- Calvin Parker – The Pascagoula UFO Incident – November 20, 2018
- David O’Leary – Creator, Writer, and Producer of History’s Project Blue Book – December 18, 2018
- EXCLUSIVE CLIP: Bob Lazar discusses Element 115
- David Beaty – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – January 22, 2019