A new episode of the Science Channel’s Close Encounters looks at an interesting UFO case from 1972.
The UFO encounter reportedly took place in Taize, France in 1972, and was witnessed by several “Christian youth” who were at a retreat. According to Science Channel:
During the retreat they reported seeing an object land on a hillside and emit solid beams of light for more than two hours. Some walked closer to the object and shined their flashlights, but the beams of their flashlights bent as if being repelled by the object. Investigators were never able to determine exactly what the object was and the mystery remains unsolved to this day.
Close Encounters is a new addition to Science Channel that premiered during the channel’s alien-themed Are We Alone? week at the beginning of March. Although the series already aired in Canada, Close Encounters made its U.S. debut at Open Minds’ 2014 International UFO Congress.
Science Channel describes, “Close Encounters explores the countless UFO sightings which are reported from thousands of regions worldwide. Many of these sightings are documented and investigated, and can be accounted for by weather patterns, flight schedules or extraordinary imagination. But a select few are still considered unsolved extraterrestrial puzzles that police investigators, government officials and even medical communities cannot explain.”
The episode exploring the 1972 sighting in France airs Tuesday, March 25 at 10 p.m. ET/PT.
- Bob Lazar Documentary Sneak Peak
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- Roswell crash site debris may be confiscated by BLM, says researcher
- Jeremy Corbell – The Genesis of “Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers” – November 27, 2018
- George Knapp – The Government’s UFO and Paranormal Study: The Skinwalker Ranch – Sept. 18, 2018
- The science of proving an object was created by an extraterrestrial civilization
- Latest UFO News – October 2, 2018
- 2018 UFO Year in Review – January 8, 2019
- Report on US Navy UFO encounter leaked
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019