In 2010, the Royal Society held two discussion meetings on extraterrestrial life. The first meeting considered some of the societal consequences of discovering alien life, addressing issues such as whether people would panic and what the implications might be for religious belief. The second meeting debated whether—if an alien signal was detected—we should reply and if we do, what we should say, and who should send the message. In his presentation, Nick Pope will give us the inside story of these fascinating and controversial discussions.
Nick Pope was Britain’s Fox Mulder. He ran the Ministry of Defence’s UFO desk, investigating UFO sightings. Although he was skeptical at first, he soon found this to be a real and alarming phenomenon. Today he writes as a freelance defense journalist and lectures on UFOs. He was a consultant to the UK’s National Archives during their recent release of UFO files.
Back to the Open Minds UFO Video Portal
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- George Knapp – The Government’s UFO and Paranormal Study: The Skinwalker Ranch – Sept. 18, 2018
- Jeremy Corbell – The Genesis of “Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers” – November 27, 2018
- The science of proving an object was created by an extraterrestrial civilization
- Report on US Navy UFO encounter leaked
- 2018 UFO Year in Review – January 8, 2019
- Latest UFO News – October 2, 2018
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- George Knapp Hunt for the Skinwalker Interview Transcript
- David O’Leary – Creator, Writer, and Producer of History’s Project Blue Book – December 18, 2018