In 2010, the Royal Society held two discussion meetings on extraterrestrial life. The first meeting considered some of the societal consequences of discovering alien life, addressing issues such as whether people would panic and what the implications might be for religious belief. The second meeting debated whether—if an alien signal was detected—we should reply and if we do, what we should say, and who should send the message. In his presentation, Nick Pope will give us the inside story of these fascinating and controversial discussions.
Nick Pope was Britain’s Fox Mulder. He ran the Ministry of Defence’s UFO desk, investigating UFO sightings. Although he was skeptical at first, he soon found this to be a real and alarming phenomenon. Today he writes as a freelance defense journalist and lectures on UFOs. He was a consultant to the UK’s National Archives during their recent release of UFO files.
Back to the Open Minds UFO Video Portal
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- History’s New UFO Reality Show to Premiere May 31
- Nick Pope – Recent Government UFO Announcements – June 18, 2019
- Dr. Kevin Knuth – UFOs, Science, and Relativistic Interstellar Travel – March 26, 2019
- Luis Elizondo, Former Head of the Pentagon’s UFO Project
- Kevin Day – UFOs Observed on Navy Radar Systems – May 14, 2019
- Dr. Eric Davis: Investigating and Experiencing the Paranormal – April 30, 2019
- Anthony Lappe – Producer of Unidentified: Inside America’s UFO Investigation – May 21, 2019
- Lee Speigel, UFO News and Updates – August 21, 2019