National Geographic (Nat Geo), like most cable networks, has repeatedly featured UFO-related programming. And, based on one of their upcoming shows, it doesn’t appear that the network plans to get out of the UFO business anytime soon.
Invasion Earth is Nat Geo’s latest stab at UFO programming. The network’s description of the series states:
Have humans really seen crafts and beings from other planets? Or is there a perfectly reasonable explanation for these sightings? Invasion Earth investigates the world’s most intriguing UFO sightings to answer the age old question – are we alone? With the help of scientists, aviation and military experts, all the evidence is thoroughly examined and tested.
This series is airing under a few different names in different parts of the world. Its title in the UK is UFO: Alien Invasion, its U.S. title is UFO Conspiracies, and it is in other locations, including Australia, where the series is being broadcast with its native titled Invasion Earth. The show is produced by London-based Pioneer Productions for National Geographic.
This series explores several UFO cases familiar to UFO researchers including the 1980 Cash-Landrum UFO encounter and the 1965 Kecksburg UFO incident. Nat Geo’s Australia website has a full episode list detailing what will be explored in each episode of the series.
Nick Pope, former head of the UK Ministry of Defence’s UFO desk, is a featured talking head in this series.
According to Blue Blurry Lines, UFO: Alien Invasion and Invasion Earth premiere on Friday, October 31, while UFO Conspiracies doesn’t premiere in the U.S. until Wednesday, December 14 on the Science channel.
- The disappearance of the UK’s “most spectacular” UFO photo
- Alleged UFO photos over China Lake analyzed
- Documentary on alien implants convinces filmmaker topic not so crazy
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- Mystery in the Southwest: A Look Inside the Infamous Bradshaw Ranch
- That’s Classified: Exposing Silver Bullet Technology
- UFO encounter in Alabama
- FAA releases audio and radar data of UFO encounter with multiple pilots over California and Oregon, jets were scrambled
- Robert Powell – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – October 24, 2017
- Florida witness reports rectangular UFO near Tampa Bay