This summer Australian theater goers will be able to enjoy a production unlike any other, a play on alien abductions. The play is titled Alienation, and is based off of interviews with Australians who believe they have experienced real alien abductions.
The production notes say that the play is for skeptics and believers alike, and it is thought-provoking as well as witty and “bitingly” funny. Rock ballads that “shaped this generation’s view on space,” are also infused throughout the performance.
According to Perth Now, one collaborator with the play’s development is Mary Rodwell, a counselor and therapist who helps people who believe they have been abducted by aliens. She told Perth Now that she has been doing this work for almost two decades, and since she started over 1200 Australians have come seeking her help.
To help those seeking information, Rodwell started the Australian Close Encounter Resource Network (ACERN), and has also initiated the Perth UFO Abductee Contactee Support Group, where people can share their experiences with others who have had similar experiences. She has written a book on her research titled Awakening.
Rodwell told Perth Now, “It’s all very X-Files but the truth is we live in a universe of billions of stars and it’s very unlikely that we’re the only life.”
As for the experiences, she says:
“A beam of light takes them up to a small craft which takes them to the mothercraft. Presences around them. Bright lights. They are put on to a table where certain medical procedures are done. They’re also taught things on the craft. Some remember things consciously, particularly children. Most have a missing time episode. They may find marks on their body, strange needle marks like fine microscopic surgery. Some are left with tiny implants.”
Rodwell says she thinks the experiences are part of an extraterrestrial program of “slow desensitization” to their presence.
Rodwell will be speaking about her work at a forum in June to help promote the play, which is being presented by the Perth Theatre Company, and co-produced with Q Theatre Company. Alienation opens in late June at the State Theatre Centre in Perth, Western Australia.
- The disappearance of the UK’s “most spectacular” UFO photo
- Alleged UFO photos over China Lake analyzed
- Documentary on alien implants convinces filmmaker topic not so crazy
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- Mystery in the Southwest: A Look Inside the Infamous Bradshaw Ranch
- That’s Classified: Exposing Silver Bullet Technology
- UFO encounter in Alabama
- FAA releases audio and radar data of UFO encounter with multiple pilots over California and Oregon, jets were scrambled
- Robert Powell – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – October 24, 2017
- Florida witness reports rectangular UFO near Tampa Bay