Residents in Arizona and New Mexico woke to an unusual pink UFO on the morning of Wednesday, February 25.
At approximately 6:00 a.m., witnesses began flooding local media outlets with photos of the strange pink, cloud-like object, seeking an explanation. Photos were also posted to social media, and people were asking questions like, “Does anybody else see this cotton candy pink/purple cloud all alone in the sky this am?” and “This morning I saw a small hot pink glowing cloud in our clear skies. Any idea what it was?”
After so many inquiries, media outlets jumped into action, searching for an explanation for the unusual pink cloud.
— AZ's Morning News (@AZMorningNews) February 25, 2015
— Rudy Rivas (@RudyABC15) February 25, 2015
Pink cloud in the early morning sky over the Catalinas. We are working to find out exactly what it is. pic.twitter.com/FNy6QoQqKA
— TucsonNewsNow (@TucsonNewsNow) February 25, 2015
According to ABC affiliate KGUN9 in Tucson, AZ, a rocket launch from White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico is responsible for the pink cloud.
White Sands spokesperson Cammy Montoya told KGUN9 that a Terrier Black Brant research rocket was launched at 5:30 a.m., and that “The research rocket when it’s launched releases a small quantity of vapor and when the sun starts to come up it reflects on crystallization in vapor reflects that colorful cloud.”
Naturally, some reject this explanation, opting for something more mysterious. Some witnesses have commented on how, while observing the pink cloud, it quickly disappeared.
Although the rocket launch is the likely explanation for the unusual pink cloud, it’s interesting to see a UFO sighting photographed by so many people, and to see media outlets actively investigate the sighting. Hopefully this reaction to UFO sightings continues.
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- Jeremy Corbell – The Genesis of “Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers” – November 27, 2018
- The science of proving an object was created by an extraterrestrial civilization
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- 2018 UFO Year in Review – January 8, 2019
- Calvin Parker – The Pascagoula UFO Incident – November 20, 2018
- David O’Leary – Creator, Writer, and Producer of History’s Project Blue Book – December 18, 2018
- EXCLUSIVE CLIP: Bob Lazar discusses Element 115
- David Beaty – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – January 22, 2019
- Nick Redfern – UFOs, Government Insiders, and Satanic Influences – November 6, 2018