CBS 6 in Virginia says they were asked to “explain the UFO that streaked across the sky during your landfill piece on the 11:00 newscast tonight.” The news item the viewer referred to was on the East End Henrico landfill on December 9, 2013. They say others spotted the strange object in the video as well.
In the video a streak of light can be seen in the background. A similar streak was found later in the video. CBS 6 say they checked on whether there were any meteorites reported that might, but it was before the Geminid meteor show began (December 12-16).
They also say they attempted to reach NORAD, but could not get a hold of anyone. In typical tongue-in-cheek fashion, they also did a lot of joking about trying to find out it Superman had been hired by any local business or was promoting his new movie, or if Santa had been test driving his sleigh.
Finally, CBS 6 says they got the answer they were looking for from their own head of photography. They say, “Turns out we can identify our flying object as a plane captured while using a show shutter speed.”
They did also note, that accord to the National UFO Reporting Center, there were two UFOs reported last week, one in Northern Virginia and another in Yorktown.
- The disappearance of the UK’s “most spectacular” UFO photo
- Documentary on alien implants convinces filmmaker topic not so crazy
- Kurt Russell alleges he witnessed famous Phoenix UFO event (VIDEO)
- Charles Lamoureux – New Canadian UFO Documentary – July 10, 2017
- Robert Powell – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – October 24, 2017
- Did Fox News catch a UFO buzzing the U.S. Capitol?
- Florida witness reports rectangular UFO near Tampa Bay
- Tom DeLonge’s UFO research team revealed, includes government insiders
- UFO encounter in Alabama
- British bus driver videotapes triangle UFO