A woman in Rivoli, Italy says she witnessed strange lights hovering over the town for around 3 hours on the evening of Valentine’s Day. She took several pictures and submitted them to the UFO Center Mediterranean (CUFOM) for evaluation.The pictures were analyzed by CUFOM’s president, Dr. Angelo Carannante. Thus far, Carannante says the pictures are not a hoax and appear to be of a genuine unknown flying object. He also says the object appears to be similar to a UFO videotaped in Medellin, Columbia.
The witness in Rivoli has decided to remain anonymous. She says she got several pictures of the object, which she submitted to CUFOM, and watched it for three hours before it disappeared. She first noticed the lights soon after 8 pm, and they disappeared at about 11 pm.
She says the object appeared to be NNW of town, in the direction of the Caselle Torinese civilian airport. She did not report seeing the object move, and estimated the size to be several miles wide. Although, she admits it was dark and it was difficult to estimate the distance of the object, so she is only guessing on the size.
She says the object was made up of several lights of multiple colors, which did not change color during the time she watched them. They also did not change in relative distance to each other.
When reviewing the pictures, Carannante says he found that the pictures were taken during the time reported. In fact, they were taken within an hour of each other during the time the witness says she watched the UFO.
Carannante says he ruled out a kite with LED lights, because he does not believe a kite would stay stationary for several hours. He also looked into the possibility that the UFO could be lights on the mountains in the direction the object was spotted. However, Carannante ruled out that possibility as well, saying that the mountains are very remote in that area and there are no lights there.
Carannante also found a video of a similar object recorded in Medllin, Columbia. He says the video was taken a couple days after the sighting in Rivoli. However, the video he refers to actually was taken on January 25, 2014. It was posted with no description on the YouTube channel of Carlos Valderrama.
The video shows a star shaped formation of lights, which actually appear to be identified. A man named Nicolas Aguilar commented on the video with a link to a photo of a star shaped balloon rimmed with lights which he says is the same object in the video. It appears he may be right, as the video and the configuration of lights in the photo he posted are very similar.
Carannante wrote Open Minds saying that he is still investigating this UFO incident, and will send us updates. Read his report here.
- UFO captured on video by drone over North Carolina
- Colorado UFO witness photographs ‘metallic objects’ moving overhead
- Hillary campaign manager held UFO meeting with USAF generals, rock star and top secret aircraft developer
- Is a U.S. Air Force general from Wright-Patterson helping Tom DeLonge obtain official UFO disclosure?
- Multiple UFOs reported 20 feet over Pennsylvania homes
- UFO and secret alien base reports found in declassified U.S. Forest Service documents
- Triangle UFO close encounter reported over Ohio
- Disc UFO caught on camera moving out of bay
- Grant Cameron – UFO Disclosure and Trump – November 14, 2016
- UFO reported hovering over Florida residential neighborhood