On Tuesday, April 30, we published a story about a passenger plane that nearly collided with a UFO over the Glasgow suburb of Baillieston in December 2012. The pilots reported narrowly missing an unidentified object that was bigger than a balloon and was “blue and yellow (or silver) in colour with a small frontal area.”
The incident was thoroughly investigated by the UK Airprox Board, but the group was unable to identify the UFO. But according to Scotland’s Daily Record, a possible identification has just surfaced.
The Daily Record published a story on Wednesday, May 1 about the near-collision incident. After reading the story, Baillieston resident James Orsmond contacted the Daily Record to report that his son Billy lost his grip on his six-foot-long, helium-filled, remote-controlled shark toy at about the same time the incident with the plane occurred. He explains, “The report said the object was blue and yellow and silvery. I just thought, ‘Aw naw’ because that was the colour of Billy’s remote control shark and it went missing round about the time of the incident.”
A helium-filled, remote-controlled shark toy was also suggested as the likely identification for a UFO captured on video by a twelve-year-old girl in Ohio in March 2012.
Although no official identification has been made regarding the object in Scotland that nearly collided with a plane, Billy’s shark toy is a plausible explanation that fits the description provided by the plane’s pilots.
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- 2018 UFO Year in Review – January 8, 2019
- David O’Leary – Creator, Writer, and Producer of History’s Project Blue Book – December 18, 2018
- EXCLUSIVE CLIP: Bob Lazar discusses Element 115
- David Beaty – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – January 22, 2019
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- History’s New UFO Reality Show to Premiere May 31
- Nick Pope – Recently Released Government Documents – February 5, 2019
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- Larry Hatch, UFO Database Creator, Remembered