On October 19, we published a story about multiple off-shore lights in the sky near Myrtle Beach, South Carolina that were captured on camera by pilot Gary Travis. Since then, Travis contacted Open Minds with additional details of his sighting that were not reported by the NBC affiliate WMBF in Myrtle Beach.
Travis clarified that his video was actually shot in Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina, rather than Myrtle Beach, South Carolina as originally reported. Ocean Isle Beach is approximately twenty miles north of Myrtle Beach.
According to Travis, this incident was his fourth sighting of these orange lights at Ocean Isle this year. The three previous sightings occurred in June 2011.
Travis recently uploaded the original high-definition video of his latest sighting, and explains that it “captures a dozen total objects at random points. Note that the large orb at top is the full moon and the light on the horizon is a distant lighthouse.”
A comment left on Travis’s YouTube video suggested that the lights could be military flares. But Travis responded, “One of the lights I didn’t record was observed cruising horizontally at over 100 miles per hour. I’ve never seen a flare do that. I guess you actually had to be there, like I was.”
- That’s Classified: Exposing Silver Bullet Technology
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- Bob Lazar Documentary Sneak Peak
- George Knapp – The Government’s UFO and Paranormal Study: The Skinwalker Ranch – Sept. 18, 2018
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- Michael Schratt – Are Black Triangle UFOs Secret Military Projects? – April 17, 2018
- Roswell crash site debris may be confiscated by BLM, says researcher
- Jeremy Corbell – Upcoming Documentary on The Skinwalker Ranch – May 15, 2018
- A Survivor at Roswell: The Truth About the One that Walked Away
- Jeremy Corbell – The Genesis of “Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers” – November 27, 2018