London’s Sunday Times reported that the United Nations had appointed Malaysian astrophysicist Mazlan Othman to serve as Earth’s ambassador when extraterrestrials make contact with humans. According to Fox News, the U.N. Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA) is denying Othman’s appointment, calling the whole story “nonsense.”
Jamshid Gaziyev, a spokesman for the agency, told FoxNews.com that “the mandate of the Office for Outer Space Affairs is defined by the United Nations General Assembly and there are no plans to change the current mandate.”
The initial story from the Sunday Times claimed that Othman would describe her new role as chief alien ambassador next week at a Royal Society conference in Buckinghamshire, England. According to Gaziyev though, Othman will actually be speaking about “space debris mitigation,” among other things.
Because of the conflicting stories, there is sure to be much attention given to Mazlan Othman’s presentation at the conference next week to hear what she does or does not say about the alleged ambassador position.
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- George Knapp – The Government’s UFO and Paranormal Study: The Skinwalker Ranch – Sept. 18, 2018
- Jeremy Corbell – The Genesis of “Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers” – November 27, 2018
- The science of proving an object was created by an extraterrestrial civilization
- 2018 UFO Year in Review – January 8, 2019
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- Latest UFO News – October 2, 2018
- George Knapp Hunt for the Skinwalker Interview Transcript
- David O’Leary – Creator, Writer, and Producer of History’s Project Blue Book – December 18, 2018
- Calvin Parker – The Pascagoula UFO Incident – November 20, 2018