This V-shaped UFO was reportedly observed by multiple witnesses on February 19, 2012 near Cave Creek, a town just North of Phoenix. The video recorded shows an object in the night sky with multi-colored lights, which blink and dance in various patterns. Two videos of this UFO were recorded and submitted to the local chapter of the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) on February 26, 2012. Phoenix MUFON is currently investigating this case.
ABC15 (KNXV), the local ABC affiliate, states, “Some believe the lights are nothing more than a kite with LEDs attached or some type of radio-controlled airplane with LEDs.” Attaching LED lights to kites or RC airplanes has rapidly grown in popularity, as it allows for night flying, in addition to creating fascinating visual effects. These objects are quite visible in the night sky, and therefore kites with LEDs have resulted in many UFO reports recently.
Based on the object’s appearance and behavior in the video, a kite with LED lights is the most likely explanation, but no official identification has been made.
What do you think about this UFO? Share your thoughts with us on the Open Minds Facebook page.
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- 2018 UFO Year in Review – January 8, 2019
- David O’Leary – Creator, Writer, and Producer of History’s Project Blue Book – December 18, 2018
- EXCLUSIVE CLIP: Bob Lazar discusses Element 115
- David Beaty – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – January 22, 2019
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- History’s New UFO Reality Show to Premiere May 31
- Nick Pope – Recently Released Government Documents – February 5, 2019
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- Larry Hatch, UFO Database Creator, Remembered