A witness recorded video of two objects in the sky above the Basilica of Saint Mary in Minneapolis, Minnesota on the night of August 9.
According to the report he filed the next day with the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON), the witness explains that he was walking in Loring Park on his way to downtown Minneapolis when he noticed the two UFOs hovering in the night sky. He explains, “At first I didn’t pay much attention to them as I thought it was just helicopters perhaps. But then, one looked like it was sort of checking out the Basilica. I’m not sure how far away they were, so it may have just been a quirk of viewpoint and unrelated to the Basilica.”
The witness took out his Galaxy Note 2 smartphone and recorded more than four minutes of video showing the UFOs over Minneapolis. He describes that the objects hovered back and forth, and each UFO appeared to have dual-colored lights. He doesn’t know what he saw, but in his report to MUFON, he states that he is “inclined to think that they were man-made.” He explains:
I think it was probably something of terrestrial origin and someone either testing out some kind of say . . . drone, or something, or putting on a show of some sort with RC craft. They kind of reminded me of those small automated drones from some of the universities you see videos of doing synchronized flying. That or perhaps small RC craft (but silent). At first I thought there might be some sort of propeller sound, but it was just downtown noise. As I made my way downtown no one else seemed to have noticed anything. (it was busy downtown)
KMSP Fox 9 looked into the sighting by contacting the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport and the FAA. Neither had received any sighting reports, nor had local law enforcement agencies. But Fox 9 also spoke with a man who suggests remote-controlled quadcopters as a possible identification for the UFOs. Tanner Becken, who works at Hobby Warehouse, told Fox 9 that the store has sold forty quadcopters just in the past six months. The quadcopter Becken showed to Fox 9 featured two colors of LED lights, which matches the witness’s dual-colored description.
- The disappearance of the UK’s “most spectacular” UFO photo
- Kurt Russell alleges he witnessed famous Phoenix UFO event (VIDEO)
- Documentary on alien implants convinces filmmaker topic not so crazy
- Charles Lamoureux – New Canadian UFO Documentary – July 10, 2017
- Robert Powell – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – October 24, 2017
- Did Fox News catch a UFO buzzing the U.S. Capitol?
- Florida witness reports rectangular UFO near Tampa Bay
- Tom DeLonge’s UFO research team revealed, includes government insiders
- UFO encounter in Alabama
- British bus driver videotapes triangle UFO