The Trindade Island incident is one of ufology’s most famous photographic cases because of its circumstances and the official interest it received from Brazilian authorities.
In the Open Minds archives, which were passed on by Lt Col. Wendell Stevens, There are several photographs and other items that document this event.
These photos’ all have this “APRO” copyright stamp on the back and this envelope looks as if it is what the original images were sent in.
Well-known civilian photographer, Almiro Barauna, took the pictures. He took the photo while onboard the Brazilian Navy training ship Almirante Saldanha, which was conducting research for the International Geophysical Year at the island of Trindade in the South Atlantic Ocean. Many officers, sailors, and civilians on the ship confirmed the sighting of a UFO, and while the navy investigated the case, it was initially kept secret. But when the dossier reached Brazil’s President Juscelino Kubitschek, he released it to the press and the photos made worldwide headlines.
- The disappearance of the UK’s “most spectacular” UFO photo
- Alleged UFO photos over China Lake analyzed
- Documentary on alien implants convinces filmmaker topic not so crazy
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- Mystery in the Southwest: A Look Inside the Infamous Bradshaw Ranch
- That’s Classified: Exposing Silver Bullet Technology
- UFO encounter in Alabama
- FAA releases audio and radar data of UFO encounter with multiple pilots over California and Oregon, jets were scrambled
- Robert Powell – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – October 24, 2017
- Florida witness reports rectangular UFO near Tampa Bay