The Trindade Island incident is one of ufology’s most famous photographic cases because of its circumstances and the official interest it received from Brazilian authorities.
In the Open Minds archives, which were passed on by Lt Col. Wendell Stevens, There are several photographs and other items that document this event.
These photos’ all have this “APRO” copyright stamp on the back and this envelope looks as if it is what the original images were sent in.
Well-known civilian photographer, Almiro Barauna, took the pictures. He took the photo while onboard the Brazilian Navy training ship Almirante Saldanha, which was conducting research for the International Geophysical Year at the island of Trindade in the South Atlantic Ocean. Many officers, sailors, and civilians on the ship confirmed the sighting of a UFO, and while the navy investigated the case, it was initially kept secret. But when the dossier reached Brazil’s President Juscelino Kubitschek, he released it to the press and the photos made worldwide headlines.
- Utah witness takes multiple photos of disc UFO
- Colorado UFO witness photographs ‘metallic objects’ moving overhead
- UFO captured on video by drone over North Carolina
- Nevada camper captures UFO in video
- Hillary campaign manager held UFO meeting with USAF generals, rock star and top secret aircraft developer
- Is a U.S. Air Force general from Wright-Patterson helping Tom DeLonge obtain official UFO disclosure?
- Multiple UFOs reported 20 feet over Pennsylvania homes
- UFO and secret alien base reports found in declassified U.S. Forest Service documents
- Triangle UFO close encounter reported over Ohio
- Arkansas witness reports triangle UFO at tree top