The Trindade Island incident is one of ufology’s most famous photographic cases because of its circumstances and the official interest it received from Brazilian authorities.
In the Open Minds archives, which were passed on by Lt Col. Wendell Stevens, There are several photographs and other items that document this event.
These photos’ all have this “APRO” copyright stamp on the back and this envelope looks as if it is what the original images were sent in.
Well-known civilian photographer, Almiro Barauna, took the pictures. He took the photo while onboard the Brazilian Navy training ship Almirante Saldanha, which was conducting research for the International Geophysical Year at the island of Trindade in the South Atlantic Ocean. Many officers, sailors, and civilians on the ship confirmed the sighting of a UFO, and while the navy investigated the case, it was initially kept secret. But when the dossier reached Brazil’s President Juscelino Kubitschek, he released it to the press and the photos made worldwide headlines.
- Alleged UFO photos over China Lake analyzed
- Montana and military involvement with UFOs
- Jeremy Corbell – Upcoming Documentary on The Skinwalker Ranch – May 15, 2018
- Bob Lazar Documentary Sneak Peak
- Dr. John Alexander and Nick Pope – UFO DoD Project Analysis from Former Government Insiders – Special Edition – December 22, 2017
- Tom DeLonge strikes UFO gold
- That’s Classified: Exposing Silver Bullet Technology
- Leslie Kean – UFOs and The New York Times – January 16, 2018
- Nimitz UFO-Video: Alleged Trace to German Film Production Company Leads to a Mysterious Dead End
- Black flying disc UFO with blue lights spotted in New Mexico