A Cameron, NC, witness reported watching a “bright, round” UFO hovering over a neighbor’s house that quickly shot off into the sky, according to September 19, 2014, testimony in Case 59917 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The witness had walked across the street from her home to talk with neighbors about 10:30 p.m. on September 10, 2014, when the object was first noticed.
“I happened to look up at this tree and saw a bright, round-looking light out of nowhere,” the witness stated. “As soon as I seen it, it shot off in a straight path over the top of the neighbor’s house.”
The witness quickly began to yell at the neighbors asking if they had seen the object.
“I ran to the street to see if I could still see it, but it was gone – within 10 seconds. It looked as if it was maybe two feet above her house.”
None of the neighbors saw the object.
“I first thought it was a shooting star, but I have never, ever seen a shooting star that hovered at the tree top and then shot off over the top of a house. Scared the hell out of me.”
Cameron is a town in Moore County, North Carolina, population 285. North Carolina MUFON is investigating. North Carolina has a current UFO Alert Rating of 4 with a low number of recent reports nationally. North Carolina had 16 UFO reports in August 2014 – the 11th highest reporting state – while California had 99 reports as the highest reporting state. The above quotes were edited for clarity. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.
The UFO Alert Rating System is based on five levels – 1 through 5 – where states with 150 or more reports for the month are rated an Alert 1; states with 100 or more reports are rated an Alert 2; 25 reports or more for the month are rated an Alert 3; 13 or more reports are rated an Alert 4; and those states with less than 13 reports for the month are an Alert 5.
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- History’s New UFO Reality Show to Premiere May 31
- Nick Pope – Recently Released Government Documents – February 5, 2019
- Nick Pope – Recent Government UFO Announcements – June 18, 2019
- Luis Elizondo, Former Head of the Pentagon’s UFO Project
- Dr. Kevin Knuth – UFOs, Science, and Relativistic Interstellar Travel – March 26, 2019
- Kevin Day – UFOs Observed on Navy Radar Systems – May 14, 2019
- Dr. Eric Davis: Investigating and Experiencing the Paranormal – April 30, 2019
- UFO Headlines 2/7/2019