A mysterious bright light shot across the early morning sky at approximately 1:40 AM in South Carolina on Monday, February 13.According to local Fox affiliate, Fox Carolina, this UFO disturbed many upstate South Carolina residents. Dispatchers in Spartanburg reportedly fielded dozens of 911 calls from concerned witnesses just before 2:00 AM. One witness who contacted Fox Carolina explained that she “saw lights, heard a boom, then heard a crash in the woods near her home.” She further explained, “It was like a giant spotlight, and it was only there for, like, four or five seconds.” The impact from the crashing UFO made her walls shake. Other witnesses saw the fireball zooming through the sky, and heard an explosion when it hit the ground.
Dr. Charles St. Lucas, Planetarium Director at the Roper Mountain Science Center in Greenville, SC believes what witnesses saw Monday morning was a meteor. He opined, “It sounded like a typical bolide,” which is a brighter-than-usual meteor that has the appearance of a fireball flashing through the sky.
Bolide meteors are supposed to be rare, yet fireball UFOs have appeared in multiple states across the United States in the past year. But the South Carolina fireball UFO is different because of the explosion described by witnesses.
- Is a U.S. Air Force general from Wright-Patterson helping Tom DeLonge obtain official UFO disclosure?
- Multiple UFOs reported 20 feet over Pennsylvania homes
- UFO and secret alien base reports found in declassified U.S. Forest Service documents
- Triangle UFO close encounter reported over Ohio
- Disc UFO caught on camera moving out of bay
- UFO reported hovering over Florida residential neighborhood
- OpenMinds.tv in WikiLeaks as reference for Bill Clinton’s UFO interests and remarks
- Witness spots UFO while waiting for rocket launch
- Cheryl Costa – UFOs by the Numbers – April 10, 2017
- ‘Starfish’ disc UFO photographed over Tucson