In this next part of our Your Need to Know series, Antonio Huneeus examines RAND Corporation’s UFO document titled “UFO’s: What to do?” The RAND Corp. was originally an outgrowth project of World War II called Project RAND. In May of 1948 it separated from the Douglas Aircraft Company and became its own independent, nonprofit organization.
George Kocher of the RAND Corporation published this document in November of 1968, a few months after the University of Colorado completed its Condon Report. The RAND Corp. document is broken into five different essays: Historical Aspects, Astronomical Aspects, The Character of Reports, Phenomenological Aspects, and How to Proceed and Why. These essays explore the types of reports and sightings, how they are categorized, and a list of hypotheses that exist surrounding the phenomenon. The document also provides an example of a detailed UFO report form developed by the University of Colorado’s study group.
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- 2018 UFO Year in Review – January 8, 2019
- David O’Leary – Creator, Writer, and Producer of History’s Project Blue Book – December 18, 2018
- EXCLUSIVE CLIP: Bob Lazar discusses Element 115
- David Beaty – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – January 22, 2019
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- History’s New UFO Reality Show to Premiere May 31
- Nick Pope – Recently Released Government Documents – February 5, 2019
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- Larry Hatch, UFO Database Creator, Remembered