A Texas witness at Snyder reported watching two, sphere-shaped objects hovering about 500 feet off the ground that appeared to fade and disappear in place, according to testimony in Case 81249 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The witness and his girlfriend were driving home from a grocery shopping trip in Snyder and heading toward Spur along Highway 208 when the incident occurred at 4:57 p.m. on December 31, 2016.
“I noticed a bright, shiny, silver ball hovering about 500 feet in front of us to the southeast,” the witness stated. “I said, ‘What is that?’ She first thought it was a helicopter because it wasn’t moving; that’s until it slowly started disappearing and fading away into nothing.”
The two then saw another similar object.
“Then we immediately saw another one to the east and that also started to fade away. She pulled over and I grabbed my phone to record it. But by the time we got out it was completely gone. It was eerily quiet, and of course being in West Texas we were the only vehicle on the road. We were awestruck and excited that we both witnessed something unexplainable.”
Snyder is a town in, and the county seat of Scurry County, Texas, population 11,202. Texas MUFON State Section Director Arthur B. Goodrich is investigating. Please remember that most UFO sightings can be explained as something natural or man-made. The above quotes were edited for clarity. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.
- David Beaty – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – January 22, 2019
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- History’s New UFO Reality Show to Premiere May 31
- Nick Pope – Recently Released Government Documents – February 5, 2019
- Nick Pope – Recent Government UFO Announcements – June 18, 2019
- Luis Elizondo, Former Head of the Pentagon’s UFO Project
- Dr. Kevin Knuth – UFOs, Science, and Relativistic Interstellar Travel – March 26, 2019
- Kevin Day – UFOs Observed on Navy Radar Systems – May 14, 2019
- Dr. Eric Davis: Investigating and Experiencing the Paranormal – April 30, 2019