A Texas witness at Gainesville reported an “entire block filled with people” watched a large, triangle-shaped UFO that moved low over her neighborhood about 11 p.m. on June 26, 2014, according to testimony in Case 57403 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The witness was returning home from work and traveling along Tyler Street in Gainesville when she noticed the entire block filled with people looking up into the sky and talking about a UFO.
“Many took footage on cell phones,” the witness stated. “The lights were lined up horizontally, and then right before it disappeared, the lights instantly lined up vertically as if the object turned on its side and then sped away.”
The witness said the object was very large.
“Looked like a solid object larger than a plane. No feelings other than awe.”
Gainesville is a city in and the county seat of Cooke County, TX, population 16,002.
Texas MUFON is investigating. Texas has a current UFO Alert Rating of 3 with a high number of recent reports nationally. Texas had 30 UFO reports in May 2014 – the 4th highest reporting state – while California had 102 reports as the highest reporting state. The above quotes were edited for clarity. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.
The UFO Alert Rating System is based on five levels – 1 through 5 – where states with 150 or more reports for the month are rated an Alert 1; states with 100 or more reports are rated an Alert 2; 25 reports or more for the month are rated an Alert 3; 13 or more reports are rated an Alert 4; and those states with less than 13 reports for the month are an Alert 5.
Correction: This story was originally posted with images from MUFON Case 57407 from Caldwell, NJ. No images were submitted by the witness in Gainesville. Our apologies for the mix-up.
- Alleged UFO photos over China Lake analyzed
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- That’s Classified: Exposing Silver Bullet Technology
- UFO encounter in Alabama
- FAA releases audio and radar data of UFO encounter with multiple pilots over California and Oregon, jets were scrambled
- Bob Lazar Documentary Sneak Peak
- George Knapp – The Government’s UFO and Paranormal Study: The Skinwalker Ranch – Sept. 18, 2018
- Tom DeLonge strikes UFO gold
- Montana and military involvement with UFOs
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019