Another Whitley Strieber novel is being adapted for the screen.
Syfy has issued a 13-episode order for a new series titled Hunters, based on Strieber’s alien crime drama novel Alien Hunter. The book “chronicles the disappearance of a decorated Philadelphia cop’s wife, which leads him to a secret government unit assembled to hunt a group of ruthless terrorists — shadowy figures that may or may not be from this world,” explains Deadline Hollywood.
“We were so impressed by the pilot script from this outstanding and accomplished creative team led by Gale Anne Hurd and Natalie Chaidez,” states Syfy president Dave Howe. “This fast-paced and innovative program takes viewers inside a chilling yet all too familiar world.”
Gale Anne Hurd is a powerhouse producer, with such shows under her belt as The Walking Dead, the Terminator movies, Aliens, and The Abyss, just to name a few. Earlier this year, AMC announced that The X-Files creator Chris Carter and Hurd are both attached to a new television series in development for the network about Area 51.
Strieber, who is a self-proclaimed abductee, has seen his novels adapted for the screen several times before. The 1989 film Communion, starring Christopher Walken, was based on his book by the same name. And his book The Hunger was adapted for the 1983 film of the same name starring David Bowie and Susan Sarandon.
Syfy has Hunters slated for a 2016 premiere.
- The disappearance of the UK’s “most spectacular” UFO photo
- Kurt Russell alleges he witnessed famous Phoenix UFO event (VIDEO)
- Documentary on alien implants convinces filmmaker topic not so crazy
- Charles Lamoureux – New Canadian UFO Documentary – July 10, 2017
- Robert Powell – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – October 24, 2017
- Did Fox News catch a UFO buzzing the U.S. Capitol?
- Florida witness reports rectangular UFO near Tampa Bay
- Tom DeLonge’s UFO research team revealed, includes government insiders
- UFO encounter in Alabama
- British bus driver videotapes triangle UFO