A former military staff sergeant recalls an encounter with a silent, 25-foot-long UFO that hovered over a roadway near Grand Forks Air Force Base in North Dakota, according to testimony in Case 74814 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The incident occurred about 3:15 p.m. on July 15, 1984, and was reported to MUFON February 27, 2016.
“The craft was hovering just above a telephone pole,” the witness stated.“I was heading towards Grand Forks Air Force Base. I stopped my car and watched the craft from approximately 75 to 100 feet across the highway. It was stationary and of unknown aircraft type.”
With a military background, the witness could not identify the craft.
“As a staff sergeant in the communications field, I knew all the aircraft the services had and this craft was completely unknown and acting like nothing I had ever seen or heard about.”
The witness described the object.
“The craft was completely black with no markings. It was approximately 25 feet long with a narrow body with wings swept forward nearly touching the front of the craft. I watched it for 15 minutes until it left flying west at a high angle and disappeared in five seconds. It made no sound that I could detect. This is the first time I have told anyone about the sighting.”
Grand Forks Air Force Base is a United States Air Force installation in northeastern North Dakota, located north of Emerado and 16 miles west of Grand Forks. North Dakota MUFON State Director Dale Brown and Assistant State Director Kelly Jo Gessner are investigating.
Please remember that most UFO sightings can be explained as something natural or man-made. The above quotes were edited for clarity. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.
- David Beaty – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – January 22, 2019
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- History’s New UFO Reality Show to Premiere May 31
- Nick Pope – Recently Released Government Documents – February 5, 2019
- Nick Pope – Recent Government UFO Announcements – June 18, 2019
- Luis Elizondo, Former Head of the Pentagon’s UFO Project
- Dr. Kevin Knuth – UFOs, Science, and Relativistic Interstellar Travel – March 26, 2019
- Kevin Day – UFOs Observed on Navy Radar Systems – May 14, 2019
- Dr. Eric Davis: Investigating and Experiencing the Paranormal – April 30, 2019