An archaeologist and his team reportedly discovered three elongated skulls in Antarctica.
American Live Wire, a self-described “entertaining news & information” website, published a story on April 2 claiming that Smithsonian archaeologist Damian Waters and his team uncovered three elongated skulls in La Paille, Antarctica. The article claims that this monumental discovery shocked scientists because the skulls are the first evidence of ancient humans in Antarctica.
The article acknowledges that the practice of skull deformation was common among many ancient cultures. But the article then goes on to assert,
These elongated skulls are much, much larger than normal human skulls would be. Purposeful cranial deformation can change the shape of a skull, but it cannot increase the volume of the skull. In addition, these skulls have quite a few other important physical characteristics that greatly set them apart from normal human skulls.
The article concludes by positing, “Now the thing on everyone’s mind is, are these skulls alien? Are they extra-terrestrial?”
But before exploring the possibility of extraterrestrial origin, there are several other items in this article that raise questions. For starters, approximately ninety eight percent of the continent of Antarctica is covered by ice. Antarctica has research stations, but not cities, so it is unclear where La Paille, Antarctica is supposed to be. The article never cites a source for this major scientific breakthrough. There is no mention of such a discovery on the Smithsonian Newsdesk. And there is no mention of the alleged archaeologist Damian Waters on the Smithsonian website.
An article with similar information was published on the website WorldNewsDailyReport.com on February 12, 2014.
Both articles reporting this major discovery in Antarctica include the same photo of three elongated skulls (the photo included in this article). The caption under the photo on American Live Wire reads, “3 Elongated Skulls Found in Antarctica.” But this image is not of newly discovered elongated skulls. This photo is actually of three elongated skulls on display at the Regional Museum of Ica in Peru. The photo was taken by Marcin Tlustochowicz and uploaded to Wikipedia in 2008.
It is possible that such a discovery was made. But it is highly unlikely given the lack of evidence to support the claims made in the two small articles.
- David Beaty – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – January 22, 2019
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- History’s New UFO Reality Show to Premiere May 31
- Nick Pope – Recently Released Government Documents – February 5, 2019
- Nick Pope – Recent Government UFO Announcements – June 18, 2019
- Luis Elizondo, Former Head of the Pentagon’s UFO Project
- Dr. Kevin Knuth – UFOs, Science, and Relativistic Interstellar Travel – March 26, 2019
- Kevin Day – UFOs Observed on Navy Radar Systems – May 14, 2019
- Dr. Eric Davis: Investigating and Experiencing the Paranormal – April 30, 2019