For the month of March, the Science Channel is exploring the question: Are we alone?
According to their website, the Science Channel partnered with TED and the SETI Institute “to enlist like-minded individuals everywhere to tackle this defining question.” A month-long series on the channel, titled Are We Alone?, reportedly features scientists and other experts who explore that very question.
This series features four hours of new, original programming on the Science Channel. The New York Times reports that one of these hours will be a new episode of the series Through the Wormhole, which airs tonight, March 6. The title of the episode is “Will We Survive First Contact?” Through the Wormhole is hosted by actor Morgan Freeman, and has been well-received by audiences. The New York Times provides this description: “The show talks to reputable experts who have done credible research on issues like what traits we humans might have in common with extraterrestrials, what their likely intent would be should they come to our planet, and how we might communicate with them.” Some of the experts who appear in the show are theoretical physicist Michio Kaku and astrobiologist Paul Davies.
A two-part series titled Alien Encounters provides two more hours of content for the channel’s month-long series of ET programming. Their website explains that this show examines the following questions: What would really happen if we got a message from space? How will humans react when we learn a spacecraft is on its way to Earth? Will humans learn from aliens, or become colonial subjects? The SETI Institute is strongly involved with this show, and leading SETI astronomers like Frank Drake and Seth Shostak appear in the show, along with other leading scientists.
Part I of Alien Encounters, titled “The Message,” premieres Tuesday, March 13, and Part II, titled “The Arrival,” premieres Tuesday, March 20.
And the final hour of Science Channel‘s Are We Alone? month is a show titled NASA’s Unexplained Files. This show airs Tuesday, March 27, and will reportedly reveal NASA’s top ten unexplained encounters, drawing on original NASA footage as well as testimony from scientists and astronauts.
For more information, and for showtimes, visit the Science Channel website.
- UFO and secret alien base reports found in declassified U.S. Forest Service documents
- Cheryl Costa – UFOs by the Numbers – April 10, 2017
- Exclusive full interview of former Arizona governor discussing his Phoenix Lights UFO sighting (Video)
- The disappearance of the UK’s “most spectacular” UFO photo
- Kurt Russell alleges he witnessed famous Phoenix UFO event (VIDEO)
- Documentary on alien implants convinces filmmaker topic not so crazy
- Charles Lamoureux – New Canadian UFO Documentary – July 10, 2017
- Indiana witness illustrates UFO moving overhead
- Robert Powell – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – October 24, 2017
- Larry Cates – UFO Research and Puerto Rico Investigation – March 27, 2017