A New Mexico witness near Roswell reported watching a slow moving, triangle-shaped UFO that stopped and hovered “50 to 60 feet off of the ground,” according to testimony in Case 62824 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The witness was driving an RV on a road trip and was just a few miles outside of Roswell when the object was first seen on December 27, 2014.
“At first glance it looked like a black bar flying through the sky,” the witness stated. “It was traveling from the south heading north at a slow rate of speed.”
As the witness got closer to the object they could see that it was flying very low.
“As we got closer to the object it flew over the highway we were traveling on, and it was only about 50-60 feet off the ground. Then it just stopped mid flight, about 40 feet to the north of the road, hovered up about 20 feet and then it lowered itself to about 25 feet off the ground and just hung there.”
The witness got a good look at the unknown object.
“That’s when I could tell that it was actually triangular in shape and the top and bottom of the object appeared to be giving off a lot of heat.”
The witness tried to alert family members inside the RV.
“I began shouting to my family in the RV, asking, ‘Is anyone else seeing this?’ My sister was sitting directly behind me and she was able to look out the window and that’s when she also saw the object. She became a bit hysterical and began to scream.”
The witness stated that he was in shock looking at the object.
“I totally forgot I had a camera strapped around my neck, and by the time I had gotten it turned on, we lost sight of the object and there were no windows in the back of the RV that had a clear line of sight on the object. So unfortunately, I was unable to get a photo of it. The whole thing lasted only a minute or so, but it was by far the strangest thing I have ever witnessed.”
Roswell is a city in, and the county seat of, Chaves County in the southeastern quarter of the state of New Mexico, population 48,411, and is well known for the 1947 Roswell UFO incident, even though the crash site of the UFO was some 75 miles from Roswell and closer to Corona.
Please remember that most UFO sightings can be explained as something natural or man-made. The above quotes were edited for clarity. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.
- Utah witness takes multiple photos of disc UFO
- Triangle UFO videotaped low over Virginia
- Colorado UFO witness photographs ‘metallic objects’ moving overhead
- UFO captured on video by drone over North Carolina
- Hillary campaign manager held UFO meeting with USAF generals, rock star and top secret aircraft developer
- Nevada camper captures UFO in video
- Is a U.S. Air Force general from Wright-Patterson helping Tom DeLonge obtain official UFO disclosure?
- Multiple UFOs reported 20 feet over Pennsylvania homes
- Disc UFO caught on Missouri camera
- UFO and secret alien base reports found in declassified U.S. Forest Service documents