There was a surprising amount of buzz generated last week about pink UFOs showing up in Google Street View.
The first pink UFO was reported by Andrea Dove who contacted KLTV, the ABC affiliate in East Texas. She explained that, while using Google Maps to get directions to visit a relative in Jacksonville, Texas, she spotted a UFO while using the Street View option. The shape of this pink UFO resembles a classic flying saucer. ABC News reported a similar pink UFO visible on Google Street View, but approximately one-thousand miles away in Acoma Pueblo, New Mexico.
Do these incidents indicate a new variation on a classic UFO, or is there a simpler explanation for these pink flying saucers?
Photo-video analyst Marc D’Antonio told Huffington Post journalist Lee Speigel that he believes these pink UFOs are simply lens flare resulting from the camera’s location in relation to the sun’s position.
People all over the world have detected UFOs using Google Street View practically since the service was launched in 2007. One such example was reported by the Daily Telegraph and other Australian media outlets in 2008. A reader contacted the Daily Telegraph to report the discovery of a UFO over Sydney on Google Street View. Its appearance? A pink flying saucer strikingly similar to the ones reported last week.
Although strange in appearance, these pink UFOs are likely “simple, but classic, lens flare,” as D’Antonio explained to Speigel. And this theory is further supported by the video below that was included in a follow-up story published by Speigel.
- The disappearance of the UK’s “most spectacular” UFO photo
- Alleged UFO photos over China Lake analyzed
- Documentary on alien implants convinces filmmaker topic not so crazy
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- Mystery in the Southwest: A Look Inside the Infamous Bradshaw Ranch
- That’s Classified: Exposing Silver Bullet Technology
- UFO encounter in Alabama
- FAA releases audio and radar data of UFO encounter with multiple pilots over California and Oregon, jets were scrambled
- Robert Powell – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – October 24, 2017
- Florida witness reports rectangular UFO near Tampa Bay