The official announcement and re-launch ceremony will take place at an upcoming event held by the Peruvian Air Force’s Directorate of Aerospace Interests (DINAE). The event is being advertised as a meeting on anomalous aerial phenomena, and will feature a discussion on the Nazca lines and extraterrestrials. It is being held October 18, 2013 at the DINAE offices in Lima, Peru.
According to South American news website AIM, FAP Colonel Julio José Vucetich Abanto, director of DINAE, has been calling members of the press along with senior officials in the Peruvian Navy, Army, and national police, inviting them to attend the re-launch ceremony.
OIFAA was originally opened in 2001, but it went dormant around 2005. OIFAA’s founder, retired FAP Commander Julio Chamorro Flores, occasionally re-activated the department to investigate high profile UFO sightings. Flores will continue to head the department.
Andrea Perez, director of the Commission for the Study of the Phenomenon UFO in Argentina (CEFORA), told AIM that she speculated OIFAA was being re-activated to keep up with Argentina, Chile, and Ecuador, who have similar UFO departments. Although, she also says it could be due to recent UFO events, such as a popular sighting in La Molina and a recent sighting by officials in the jungle.
UFO researcher Scott Corrales posted information he had received from Peruvian colleges at his website Inexplicata: The Journal of Hispanic Ufology. They claim the FAP says the re-opening is due “in response to the significant increase in claims and reports on Anomalous Aerial Objects commonly referred to as Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs) in the skies over Peruvian Territory.”
They also say that OIFAA will also be sponsored by Peru’s National Commission for Aerospace (CONIDA), and that OIFAA will be made up of civilian personnel.
Inexplicata also provides more information on what will be discussed at the upcoming UFO meeting. It says they will present OIFAA’s agenda for the next few months, and their first order of business, which is a presentation by Professor Manuel Aguirre of the School of Archaeology of the University of San Marcos titled The Nazca Lines and Extraterrestrial Beings.
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- History’s New UFO Reality Show to Premiere May 31
- Nick Pope – Recent Government UFO Announcements – June 18, 2019
- Luis Elizondo, Former Head of the Pentagon’s UFO Project
- Dr. Eric Davis: Investigating and Experiencing the Paranormal – April 30, 2019
- Kevin Day – UFOs Observed on Navy Radar Systems – May 14, 2019
- Lee Speigel, UFO News and Updates – August 21, 2019
- Anthony Lappe – Producer of Unidentified: Inside America’s UFO Investigation – May 21, 2019
- Dr. Michael Masters – UFOs Could Be Us From the Future – October 29, 2019