A Pennsylvania witness near Erie reported watching a triangle-shaped object that glowed orange and moved directly overhead under 500 feet, according to testimony in Case 65789 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The witness had just finished fishing on Misery Bay at Presque Isle State Park about 8:25 p.m. on May 8, 2015, when the object was first seen shortly after getting into his truck.
“I proceeded to pull out onto the road driving west toward Perry’s Monument Bridge,” the witness stated. “From where I parked to the bridge was only a few hundred feet. As I approached the bridge I looked to my left (south) toward Perry’s Monument and noticed a bright light near the monument up in the air.”
The light appeared to be moving toward the witness.
“The light was coming closer. The intensity of the brightness emanating from it increased as it neared. There were other people present around the monument area and parking lot but they seemed oblivious to the entire event.”
The witness was having trouble driving and watching the object at the same time as he crossed the bridge.
“I was fixated on it, driving half in one lane, half in the other.”
Then the object moved directly overhead.
“As the thing got directly over me it slowed down and changed direction almost as if it noticed that I noticed it.”
The witness pulled into the Perry’s Monument parking area and put the truck in park to focus on the object.
“The craft was triangular in shape, not congruent. It was solid but I could not distinguish fine detail because the entire surface area was bright glowing orange – almost like steel heated in a blast furnace. The craft hovered at its original altitude over the road. Could not take my eyes off of it.”
The witness became fearful.
“In that brief moment I actually felt uncertainty and fear as I did not know what would happen next. The craft then began to move at first north and then west. It looked like it was moving down the northern shore of the peninsula.”
The witness attempted to follow the object, but ran out of roadway.
“The whole event lasted only 3 to 4 minutes.”
Presque Isle State Park is a Pennsylvania state park on an arching, sandy peninsula that juts into Lake Erie, 4 miles west of the city of Erie, in Millcreek Township, Erie County, Pennsylvania.
Please remember that most UFO sighting can be explained as something natural or man-made. The above quotes were edited for clarity. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.
Feature image credit: James S. and Susan W. Aber of geospectra.net.
- UFO and secret alien base reports found in declassified U.S. Forest Service documents
- Disc UFO caught on camera moving out of bay
- OpenMinds.tv in WikiLeaks as reference for Bill Clinton’s UFO interests and remarks
- Witness spots UFO while waiting for rocket launch
- Cheryl Costa – UFOs by the Numbers – April 10, 2017
- New Hampshire witness says UFO chased jet (VIDEO)
- Exclusive full interview of former Arizona governor discussing his Phoenix Lights UFO sighting (Video)
- Jimmy Kimmel asks another former president about UFO secrets
- The disappearance of the UK’s “most spectacular” UFO photo
- Kurt Russell alleges he witnessed famous Phoenix UFO event (VIDEO)