Sasselov announced Kepler’s discoveries at the TEDGlobal conference (Technology, Entertainment, Design) in Oxford last week.
In April, researchers at the NASA Ames Research Center announced the discovered of roughly 400 Earth-like planets, but NASA sealed its research from the public, citing the need for more time to confirm the existence of these planets.In June, the Kepler team announced the discovery of 706 planet candidates. Once candidates are identified, they undergo follow-up tests to verify that they are actually planets, and not something else.
The Kepler mission launched in March of 2009, and is expected to last four years.
- Utah witness takes multiple photos of disc UFO
- Colorado UFO witness photographs ‘metallic objects’ moving overhead
- UFO captured on video by drone over North Carolina
- Nevada camper captures UFO in video
- Hillary campaign manager held UFO meeting with USAF generals, rock star and top secret aircraft developer
- Is a U.S. Air Force general from Wright-Patterson helping Tom DeLonge obtain official UFO disclosure?
- Multiple UFOs reported 20 feet over Pennsylvania homes
- UFO and secret alien base reports found in declassified U.S. Forest Service documents
- Triangle UFO close encounter reported over Ohio
- Arkansas witness reports triangle UFO at tree top