New York family members at Williamson said they were “dumbfounded” when a bright light UFO appeared just 100 yards away in nearby trees, moved out into a clearing and then shot off into the night sky about 11:01 p.m. on September 27, 2014, according to testimony in Case 60183 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The witness and family members were outside at a campfire when the object was first noticed.
“My brother-in-law first noticed an extremely bright white light through the trees 100 yards away east of us,” the reporting witness stated. “The light was blinding and we could not make out the shape.”
They first thought the object might be a helicopter.
“But there was no sound and the object moved in ways I have never seen.”
The witness described the object’s movement.
“The object started from behind the trees and then moved out into a clearing before accelerating at great speed up in the air and out of view. It started northeast in the tree line and slowly moved south as it came out of the trees and then shot up and away in the east.”
The group eventually lost sight of the object.
“We were dumbfounded and could not believe what we saw. We lost sight of the object after it climbed to so much altitude and it was no longer visible.”
Williamson is an Upstate New York town on the south shore of Lake Ontario in the northwest part of Wayne County, New York, population 6,777. New York MUFON is investigating. The above quotes were edited for clarity. New York has a current UFO Alert Rating of 3 with a high number of recent reports nationally. New York had 39 UFO reports in August 2014 – the 3rd highest reporting state – while California had 99 reports as the highest reporting state. The above quotes were edited for clarity. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.
The UFO Alert Rating System is based on five levels – 1 through 5 – where states with 150 or more reports for the month are rated an Alert 1; states with 100 or more reports are rated an Alert 2; 25 reports or more for the month are rated an Alert 3; 13 or more reports are rated an Alert 4; and those states with less than 13 reports for the month are an Alert 5.
- UFO and secret alien base reports found in declassified U.S. Forest Service documents
- Disc UFO caught on camera moving out of bay
- OpenMinds.tv in WikiLeaks as reference for Bill Clinton’s UFO interests and remarks
- Witness spots UFO while waiting for rocket launch
- Cheryl Costa – UFOs by the Numbers – April 10, 2017
- New Hampshire witness says UFO chased jet (VIDEO)
- Exclusive full interview of former Arizona governor discussing his Phoenix Lights UFO sighting (Video)
- Jimmy Kimmel asks another former president about UFO secrets
- The disappearance of the UK’s “most spectacular” UFO photo
- Kurt Russell alleges he witnessed famous Phoenix UFO event (VIDEO)