A new television show about UFOs and extraterrestrial encounters will premiere on Discovery Canada in January.
Aside from the publicity trailer (posted above), little information has been released about this series titled Close Encounters. Newroad Media, the production company behind the show, describes:
In this vast universe, it is difficult to imagine that we are totally alone. In fact, millions of people all over the world claim to have seen UFOs. Most of these incidents can be easily explained away. But a select few cannot. These are the Close Encounters. Close Encounters is a drama doc series steeped in suspense and mystery. Each episode reveals the most captivating UFO stories from around the globe.
Based on the show’s trailer, Close Encounters appears to be less biased than other ET/UFO shows on television. The trailer opens by acknowledging that “most UFO sightings can be explained.”
The format of the show seems to focus largely on event recreation, but also incorporate experts like Leslie Kean, Nick Pope, and Kevin Randle.
Close Encounters premieres January 10 on Discovery Canada. The series will also reportedly air on Discovery’s Science Channel in the U.S., but no details about the U.S. premiere have been released.
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- Jeremy Corbell – The Genesis of “Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers” – November 27, 2018
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- 2018 UFO Year in Review – January 8, 2019
- Calvin Parker – The Pascagoula UFO Incident – November 20, 2018
- David O’Leary – Creator, Writer, and Producer of History’s Project Blue Book – December 18, 2018
- EXCLUSIVE CLIP: Bob Lazar discusses Element 115
- David Beaty – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – January 22, 2019
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- History’s New UFO Reality Show to Premiere May 31