The astronomers are aiming their radio telescopes towards two of the stars that were part of the world’s first search for extraterrestrial life 50 years ago. The first search, known as Project Ozma (named after Princess Ozma, a character in L. Frank Baum’s series of books about the Land of Oz) was conducted in the 1960s by astronomer and SETI (Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) pioneer Frank Drake. The latest search is called Project Dorothy, named after the heroine in L. Frank Baum’s book The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.
In a recent SETI announcement, Drake said, “”It is thrilling for me to witness the beginnings of Project Dorothy, the continuation of my search of 50 years ago.”
While the past 50 years have not returned the results for which SETI was hoping, they are optimistic with Project Dorothy, building off of lessons learned from previous searches. The observations for Project Dorothy began on November 5th, and will continue throughout the month.
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- George Knapp – The Government’s UFO and Paranormal Study: The Skinwalker Ranch – Sept. 18, 2018
- Jeremy Corbell – The Genesis of “Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers” – November 27, 2018
- The science of proving an object was created by an extraterrestrial civilization
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- George Knapp Hunt for the Skinwalker Interview Transcript
- 2018 UFO Year in Review – January 8, 2019
- Latest UFO News – October 2, 2018
- Calvin Parker – The Pascagoula UFO Incident – November 20, 2018
- David O’Leary – Creator, Writer, and Producer of History’s Project Blue Book – December 18, 2018