Two polls were published this week, revealing how many Americans and British Columbians believe in various conspiracy theories, including UFOs.
Results from a poll conducted by Insights West in Canada’s province of British Columbia were published on April 1, which explored the conspiracy theory beliefs of British Columbians. An incredible 52% of the citizens polled believe UFOs exist.
A similar poll in the U.S. was conducted by Public Policy Polling, and it examined how democrats and republicans differ on conspiracy theory beliefs. The results, published on April 2, reveal that 21% of voters say a UFO crashed in Roswell, NM in 1947 and the US government covered it up. And 29% of voters believe aliens exist.
New polls are conducted regularly that ask about UFO beliefs, and the results always vary. A recurring problem with many of these polls is how the question is formulated. Most of these polls pose the question, “Do you believe in UFOs?” In most cases, the true question being asked by the polls is “Do you believe some UFOs are extraterrestrial?” But by asking the broad question “Do you believe in UFOs?” the results are less likely to be a true representation of people who believe in extraterrestrial UFOs.
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- History’s New UFO Reality Show to Premiere May 31
- Nick Pope – Recent Government UFO Announcements – June 18, 2019
- Luis Elizondo, Former Head of the Pentagon’s UFO Project
- Dr. Kevin Knuth – UFOs, Science, and Relativistic Interstellar Travel – March 26, 2019
- Dr. Eric Davis: Investigating and Experiencing the Paranormal – April 30, 2019
- Kevin Day – UFOs Observed on Navy Radar Systems – May 14, 2019
- Anthony Lappe – Producer of Unidentified: Inside America’s UFO Investigation – May 21, 2019
- Lee Speigel, UFO News and Updates – August 21, 2019