A New Jersey witness at Sayreville reported watching and photographing a diamond-shaped UFO moving at the treetop level, according to September 9, 2014, testimony in Case 59688 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The witness was outside with his dog at 7 a.m. on August 29, 2014 when an object in the northeast sky appeared to be a drone or someone playing with a remote control aircraft.
While it seemed early in the day for remote control aircraft, the witness decided to take out his cell phone and shoot three images of the object.
“The object was diamond-shaped but concave towards the bottom,” the witness stated. “The back almost looked like something out of a movie like it would have engines off the back only it wasn’t moving in the direction the engines were facing. I was able to see this object for about a full minute and-a-half to notice it had what looked to me like a glass area in the front side for observation.”
The witness believes that the object should have been picked up on radar.
“There was no sound; however, where I live is a very high commercial airline traffic area. I would be hard pressed to believe this would not have shown up on radar.”
Sayreville is a borough located on the Raritan River, near Raritan Bay in Middlesex County, New Jersey, population 42,704. New Jersey MUFON is investigating.
New Jersey has a current UFO Alert Rating of 5 with a low number of recent reports nationally. New Jersey had 13 UFO reports in August 2014 – the 15th highest reporting state – while California had 99 reports as the highest reporting state. The above quotes were edited for clarity. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.
The UFO Alert Rating System is based on five levels – 1 through 5 – where states with 150 or more reports for the month are rated an Alert 1; states with 100 or more reports are rated an Alert 2; 25 reports or more for the month are rated an Alert 3; 13 or more reports are rated an Alert 4; and those states with less than 13 reports for the month are an Alert 5.
A commenter on MUFON’s website has noted that this image appears to be from a video posted on YouTube in January, 2013.
- Multiple UFOs reported 20 feet over Pennsylvania homes
- UFO and secret alien base reports found in declassified U.S. Forest Service documents
- Triangle UFO close encounter reported over Ohio
- Disc UFO caught on camera moving out of bay
- UFO reported hovering over Florida residential neighborhood
- OpenMinds.tv in WikiLeaks as reference for Bill Clinton’s UFO interests and remarks
- Witness spots UFO while waiting for rocket launch
- Cheryl Costa – UFOs by the Numbers – April 10, 2017
- ‘Starfish’ disc UFO photographed over Tucson
- Large UFO spotted over Hollywood freeway