A New Jersey witness at Sayreville reported watching and photographing a diamond-shaped UFO moving at the treetop level, according to September 9, 2014, testimony in Case 59688 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The witness was outside with his dog at 7 a.m. on August 29, 2014 when an object in the northeast sky appeared to be a drone or someone playing with a remote control aircraft.
While it seemed early in the day for remote control aircraft, the witness decided to take out his cell phone and shoot three images of the object.
“The object was diamond-shaped but concave towards the bottom,” the witness stated. “The back almost looked like something out of a movie like it would have engines off the back only it wasn’t moving in the direction the engines were facing. I was able to see this object for about a full minute and-a-half to notice it had what looked to me like a glass area in the front side for observation.”
The witness believes that the object should have been picked up on radar.
“There was no sound; however, where I live is a very high commercial airline traffic area. I would be hard pressed to believe this would not have shown up on radar.”
Sayreville is a borough located on the Raritan River, near Raritan Bay in Middlesex County, New Jersey, population 42,704. New Jersey MUFON is investigating.
New Jersey has a current UFO Alert Rating of 5 with a low number of recent reports nationally. New Jersey had 13 UFO reports in August 2014 – the 15th highest reporting state – while California had 99 reports as the highest reporting state. The above quotes were edited for clarity. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.
The UFO Alert Rating System is based on five levels – 1 through 5 – where states with 150 or more reports for the month are rated an Alert 1; states with 100 or more reports are rated an Alert 2; 25 reports or more for the month are rated an Alert 3; 13 or more reports are rated an Alert 4; and those states with less than 13 reports for the month are an Alert 5.
A commenter on MUFON’s website has noted that this image appears to be from a video posted on YouTube in January, 2013.
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- History’s New UFO Reality Show to Premiere May 31
- Nick Pope – Recent Government UFO Announcements – June 18, 2019
- Dr. Kevin Knuth – UFOs, Science, and Relativistic Interstellar Travel – March 26, 2019
- Luis Elizondo, Former Head of the Pentagon’s UFO Project
- Dr. Eric Davis: Investigating and Experiencing the Paranormal – April 30, 2019
- Kevin Day – UFOs Observed on Navy Radar Systems – May 14, 2019
- Anthony Lappe – Producer of Unidentified: Inside America’s UFO Investigation – May 21, 2019
- Lee Speigel, UFO News and Updates – August 21, 2019