Domestic UFO sighting reports for the U.S. were up 44.5 percent in January 2015 over December reports filed.
Wyoming was the high reporting state by population with 3.47 sightings per million population and registering as a UFO Alert 2, according to witness reporting statistics released February 1, 2015, from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON).
New Mexico was the next highest reporting level by population – also earning a UFO Alert 2 with 3.36 sightings per million population.
Alaska was the only state rated a UFO Alert 3 with 2.73 reports per million population.
Four states were rated a UFO Alert 4 with the following statistics based on per million population: Oregon, 2.56; Utah, 2.45; Arizona, 2.44; and Missouri, 2.16. All other states received less than 2 sightings per million population and were ranked a UFO Alert 5.
As the highest reporting state per million residents, Wyoming received two reports.
There were a total of 575 U.S. reports filed in January 2015 compared with 398 in December 2014. Total worldwide sightings were 721 for January 2015 and 498 for December 2014.
The UFO Alert Rating System is based on five levels – 1 through 5 – where states with 4.01 or higher reports per million residents are rated an Alert 1; 3.01 – 4.0 reports are an Alert 2; 2.51 – 3.0 are an Alert 3; 2.01 – 2.5 are an Alert 4; and those states with 2.0 or lower are rated an Alert 5.
Disregarding populations, the top reporting states for January 2015 with 16 or more reports were: California, 90; Florida, 51; Texas, 37; Pennsylvania, 29; Arizona, 28; New York, 22; Oregon, 20; Illinois, 20; and Missouri, 18.
The sphere remains the most-reported UFO shape with 133 January cases. Other shape reports include: Triangle, 87; Star-like, 71; Circle, 66; Disc, 59; Unknown, 53; Other, 48; Fireball, 34; Oval, 31; Cylinder, 21; Boomerang, 17; N/A, 16; Square-Rectangular, 15; Cigar, 13; Blimp, 11; Diamond, 9; Chevron, 8; Flash, 8; Egg, 7; Saturn-like, 4; Teardrop, 4; Cone, 3; and Bullet-Missile, 1.
The object’s distance from the witness includes: Less than 100 feet, 102 cases; 101 to 500 feet, 101 cases; 501 feet to one mile, 152 cases; over one mile, 168 cases; unknown, 237; and no value stated, 25.
In addition, there were “26 landings, hoverings or takeoffs reported and 0 entity observed.”
The most interesting UFO reports do not necessarily come from high reporting states – but those states with higher numbers do account for some of the most interesting evidence to study. While UFO sightings seem to pop up randomly around the country, this list is meant to offer a small insight into where Americans are filing reports.
Infographics for this reporting period were created by Outerplaces.com and include: Most Witnessed Shapes by State, Sightings By Country, Sightings By State, and Sightings Per Million People.
- Bob Lazar Documentary Sneak Peak
- That’s Classified: Exposing Silver Bullet Technology
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- Jeremy Corbell – Upcoming Documentary on The Skinwalker Ranch – May 15, 2018
- FAA releases audio and radar data of UFO encounter with multiple pilots over California and Oregon, jets were scrambled
- Michael Schratt – Are Black Triangle UFOs Secret Military Projects? – April 17, 2018
- Roswell crash site debris may be confiscated by BLM, says researcher
- Jeremy Corbell – The Genesis of “Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers” – November 27, 2018
- George Knapp – The Government’s UFO and Paranormal Study: The Skinwalker Ranch – Sept. 18, 2018
- The science of proving an object was created by an extraterrestrial civilization