As the premiere date approaches for their new series Chasing UFOs, the National Geographic channel (NatGeo) recently released poll data about American’s thoughts related to UFOs. NatGeo’s senior vice president of research and digital media, Brad Dancer, told USA Today, “We wanted to get a sense of how Americans view UFOs, what people believe and how mainstream pop culture may or may not be playing into their opinions on it.”
Poll results indicate that more than a third of the U.S. participants believe UFOs exist. Disturbingly, however, two percent of poll participants indicated they would “inflict bodily harm” upon encountering an extraterrestrial. Another interesting result from the poll shows that the majority of Americans feel President Obama is better suited than Mitt Romney to handle an alien invasion.
More results from this poll can be seen at USA Today’s website.
- Utah witness takes multiple photos of disc UFO
- Triangle UFO videotaped low over Virginia
- Colorado UFO witness photographs ‘metallic objects’ moving overhead
- UFO captured on video by drone over North Carolina
- Hillary campaign manager held UFO meeting with USAF generals, rock star and top secret aircraft developer
- Nevada camper captures UFO in video
- Is a U.S. Air Force general from Wright-Patterson helping Tom DeLonge obtain official UFO disclosure?
- Multiple UFOs reported 20 feet over Pennsylvania homes
- Disc UFO caught on Missouri camera
- UFO and secret alien base reports found in declassified U.S. Forest Service documents