As the premiere date approaches for their new series Chasing UFOs, the National Geographic channel (NatGeo) recently released poll data about American’s thoughts related to UFOs. NatGeo’s senior vice president of research and digital media, Brad Dancer, told USA Today, “We wanted to get a sense of how Americans view UFOs, what people believe and how mainstream pop culture may or may not be playing into their opinions on it.”
Poll results indicate that more than a third of the U.S. participants believe UFOs exist. Disturbingly, however, two percent of poll participants indicated they would “inflict bodily harm” upon encountering an extraterrestrial. Another interesting result from the poll shows that the majority of Americans feel President Obama is better suited than Mitt Romney to handle an alien invasion.
More results from this poll can be seen at USA Today’s website.
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- 2018 UFO Year in Review – January 8, 2019
- David O’Leary – Creator, Writer, and Producer of History’s Project Blue Book – December 18, 2018
- EXCLUSIVE CLIP: Bob Lazar discusses Element 115
- David Beaty – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – January 22, 2019
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- History’s New UFO Reality Show to Premiere May 31
- Nick Pope – Recently Released Government Documents – February 5, 2019
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- Larry Hatch, UFO Database Creator, Remembered