But as Space.com points out, the task of picking out the right asteroid is presently “the most urgent task for any space rock mission.” Planetary scientist and former NASA astronaut Tom Jones told Space.com, “Right now we only have a few targets in our catalog. We need a lot more to provide us with maximum mission flexibility.”
NASA is working hard to meet its goal of sending astronauts on an asteroid-bound mission by 2025.
- Utah witness takes multiple photos of disc UFO
- Triangle UFO videotaped low over Virginia
- Colorado UFO witness photographs ‘metallic objects’ moving overhead
- UFO captured on video by drone over North Carolina
- Hillary campaign manager held UFO meeting with USAF generals, rock star and top secret aircraft developer
- Nevada camper captures UFO in video
- Is a U.S. Air Force general from Wright-Patterson helping Tom DeLonge obtain official UFO disclosure?
- Multiple UFOs reported 20 feet over Pennsylvania homes
- Disc UFO caught on Missouri camera
- UFO and secret alien base reports found in declassified U.S. Forest Service documents