An intensely bright flash of light illuminated the night sky in Stavropol, a city in southern Russia, on Tuesday, March 17 at approximately 12:30 a.m.
Video of the mysterious flash was recorded by a motorist’s dashcam. The video shows a flash of blueish-white light in the distance that persists for three to four seconds.
No sound was heard in connection with the explosion of light. But the flash did reportedly scare several witnesses.
Russian media outlet RT reports, “Local residents have come up with various theories to interpret the incident – military exercises that are currently taking place not far from the scene, faults in the electricity net, Northern Lights, an asteroid and even UFOs.”
The unidentified flash allegedly “made some streetlights in the city go out, while being accompanied by the flickering of lights inside apartments and houses.” According to RT, power engineers have ruled out any issues with power supply lines. And the local Hydrometeorological Center concluded that the flash “can’t be attributed to nature.”
So what was it that silently lit up the night sky, interrupted electricity, and startled residents in southern Russia? Experts surmise that the flash originated on the ground. So if the source of the flash was an alien spacecraft, it either crashed quietly, or was doing something on the ground to cause the flash.
For now, locals are in the dark as to what caused the mysterious flash of light.
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- Jeremy Corbell – The Genesis of “Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers” – November 27, 2018
- The science of proving an object was created by an extraterrestrial civilization
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- George Knapp Hunt for the Skinwalker Interview Transcript
- 2018 UFO Year in Review – January 8, 2019
- Calvin Parker – The Pascagoula UFO Incident – November 20, 2018
- Latest UFO News – October 2, 2018
- David O’Leary – Creator, Writer, and Producer of History’s Project Blue Book – December 18, 2018
- EXCLUSIVE CLIP: Bob Lazar discusses Element 115