A Missouri witness at St. Francois County reported an encounter with a triangle-shaped object hovering low over a rural roadway, according to testimony in Case 83973 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The witness was southbound along Highway 67between Farmington and Cherokee Pass at 7 p.m. on March 3, 2017, when the incident began.
“I was basically in the middle of nowhere,” the witness stated.“There were no other cars around or any houses or lights that I could see – everything was basically pitch black.”
But something odd stood out in the distance.
“I saw three lights in a triangle shape hovering in the dark somewhat low over the road – lower than what you would expect an aircraft or something of that nature to hover. It was dark, so I couldn’t see any point of reference, but I imagine it was maybe at the height of a tall tree line or just above that. They were white, round-shaped lights that reminded me of parking lot lamps.”
The witness tried to see what the object looked like.
“I couldn’t see what they were attached to, but they were all level, like they were attached to the underside of some flat object. The lights themselves seemed maybe basketball-sized and the total size of the shape seemed like it would’ve been the size of a pickup truck, maybe a little bigger.”
The witness tried to imagine the object was a helicopter, but getting closer proved that theory wrong.
“It just didn’t look like that. It didn’t have blinking lights like planes normally do and it didn’t appear to be moving at all and it made no noise that I could hear.”
But getting closer, the witness could see that the lights did, in fact, look like they were attached to something.
“I got nervous, because I was about to pass underneath it, and couldn’t tell what it was, so I called a friend and told them what I was seeing, but they had no idea what it was either. I ended up just driving underneath/past it and that was it. I saw it in my review mirror for a bit too. In total, I probably saw it for a couple minutes. It was too dark to see trees or power lines or to tell what else the lights could be attached to.”
St. Francois County is a county located in the Lead Belt region of Missouri, population 65,359. Missouri MUFON Field Investigator Lynne E. Mann investigated this case and closed it as an Unknown.
Please remember that most UFO sightings can be explained as something natural or man-made. The above quotes were edited for clarity. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.
- Utah witness takes multiple photos of disc UFO
- Colorado UFO witness photographs ‘metallic objects’ moving overhead
- UFO captured on video by drone over North Carolina
- Nevada camper captures UFO in video
- Hillary campaign manager held UFO meeting with USAF generals, rock star and top secret aircraft developer
- Is a U.S. Air Force general from Wright-Patterson helping Tom DeLonge obtain official UFO disclosure?
- Multiple UFOs reported 20 feet over Pennsylvania homes
- Disc UFO caught on Missouri camera
- UFO and secret alien base reports found in declassified U.S. Forest Service documents
- Triangle UFO close encounter reported over Ohio