A couple spotted a UFO in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia on Thursday, August 21. But the military came forward to claim responsibility for the bright aerial object.
Witness Chris Ewing and his girlfriend were near Saint Margarets Bay on the night of Aug. 21 when they noticed an extremely bright object in the sky, seemingly over Peggy’s Cove, a village on the eastern side of the bay. The startled witnesses watched as this mysterious orange object rapidly grew in size as it hovered in the sky.
The silent object left the witnesses unsettled and confused.
Although some suggested that this UFO might be related to the Perseid meteor shower (which mostly concluded in mid-August), the military claims it was responsible for the light in the sky that night.
CTV reports that Canadian Forces Base Greenwood, a Royal Canadian Air Force Base, confirmed that search and rescue crews were performing exercises at Peggy’s Cove between 9:00 and 10:30 p.m. on the night the object was observed by Ewing and his girlfriend. The base explained to CTV that “those exercises included the use of long-lasting military flares.”
- Is a U.S. Air Force general from Wright-Patterson helping Tom DeLonge obtain official UFO disclosure?
- Multiple UFOs reported 20 feet over Pennsylvania homes
- UFO and secret alien base reports found in declassified U.S. Forest Service documents
- Triangle UFO close encounter reported over Ohio
- Disc UFO caught on camera moving out of bay
- UFO reported hovering over Florida residential neighborhood
- OpenMinds.tv in WikiLeaks as reference for Bill Clinton’s UFO interests and remarks
- Witness spots UFO while waiting for rocket launch
- Cheryl Costa – UFOs by the Numbers – April 10, 2017
- ‘Starfish’ disc UFO photographed over Tucson