Open Minds UFO Radio: Mike Damante is a journalist, author, and teacher. He is the author of the books “Punk rock and UFOs: True Believers” and “Punk Rock and UFOs: Cryptozoology Meets Anarchy.” Mike worked for the Houston Chronicle as a copy editor, writer, reporter, and web producer. He currently produces their “MIKED” music blog and has interviewed bands and musicians like Bad Religion, blink-182, Taking Back Sunday, Tom DeLonge, Tegan and Sara, Aerosmith, B.o.B, and countless others. He currently teaches Journalism and English in Houston, TX.
In this episode, we talk to Mike about the crossroads of Punk Rock and UFOs, and his perspective on the UFO phenomenon as a mainstream journalist. Like everyone interested in UFOs, Mike has also been following the developments related to Tom DeLonge’s To The Stars Academy (TTSA). Mike lends the unique view of also having followed Tom DeLonge’s music career as a music journalist and blogger.
Visit Mike’s website and get his books at www.PunkRockandUFOs.com.
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- 2018 UFO Year in Review – January 8, 2019
- David O’Leary – Creator, Writer, and Producer of History’s Project Blue Book – December 18, 2018
- EXCLUSIVE CLIP: Bob Lazar discusses Element 115
- David Beaty – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – January 22, 2019
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- History’s New UFO Reality Show to Premiere May 31
- Nick Pope – Recently Released Government Documents – February 5, 2019
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- Larry Hatch, UFO Database Creator, Remembered