Two Michigan witnesses at Harbor Springs reported watching an 8-foot diameter ball of blue-white light hovering less than 100 feet away that appeared to move away in a controlled manner, according to testimony in Case 62045 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The testimony was filed for the witnesses by Michigan MUFON Chief Investigator Daniel Snow on December 18, 2014, for events that occurred at 6:15 a.m. on November 16, 2014.
“Witness (A) and his brother, witness (B), were at a secluded deer hunting blind which was a two-hour hike in 10 inches of snow from their vehicle,” the investigator stated. “The location was on top of a prominent hill with a broad view of the valley below.”
The investigator described the strange encounter.
“After getting setup, still prior to sunrise, they noticed about a half dozen flashes of light. It was snowing moderately, when all of a sudden at close range, a stationary ball of white light appeared just above the tree tops nearby. The trees were about 30 feet high and the distance away was less than 100 feet.”
The object and its movement were described.
“The object appeared to be about the size of a small car, appeared to be a glowing blue/white ball of light with no edges and no attached object. After a few seconds of being stationary, the object proceeded to flow down the valley, parallel to the ground, and disappeared. The total sighting duration was about 30 seconds. The winds observed were from the north. The object departed to the east. No tracks, imprints or changes were observed to the nearby snow cover.”
Harbor Springs is a city and resort community in Emmet County, MI, population 1,194.
Michigan has a current UFO Alert Rating of 5 with a low number of recent reports nationally. Michigan had 10 UFO reports that occurred during November 2014 – calculated at 1.01 sightings per million population.
The UFO Alert Rating System is based on five levels – 1 through 5 – where states with 4.01 or higher reports per million residents are rated an Alert 1; 3.01 – 4.0 reports are an Alert 2; 2.51 – 3.0 are an Alert 3; 2.01 – 2.5 are an Alert 4; and those states with 2.0 or lower are rated an Alert 5.
Please remember that most UFO sighting can be explained as something natural or man-made. The above quotes were edited for clarity. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.
- Utah witness takes multiple photos of disc UFO
- Triangle UFO videotaped low over Virginia
- Colorado UFO witness photographs ‘metallic objects’ moving overhead
- UFO captured on video by drone over North Carolina
- Hillary campaign manager held UFO meeting with USAF generals, rock star and top secret aircraft developer
- Nevada camper captures UFO in video
- Is a U.S. Air Force general from Wright-Patterson helping Tom DeLonge obtain official UFO disclosure?
- Multiple UFOs reported 20 feet over Pennsylvania homes
- Disc UFO caught on Missouri camera
- UFO and secret alien base reports found in declassified U.S. Forest Service documents